Management courses teach students all aspects of overseeing and supervising business operations. Management science also involves fields such as Accounting, Finance, project management, and marketing.
Management courses you can study in Nigeria include:
- Actuarial Science
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Banking and Finance
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Entrepreneurial studies
This article covers the requirements for studying management courses in Nigerian universities. Read on below:
Admission Requirements UTME & Direct Entry candidates
There are two modes of admission which is UTME & direct entry. Below is the admission requirement for the following courses:
Banking and Finance
Business Administration and Business Management
University and Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
Candidates who wish to study the above courses and apply via UTME must have the credit passes in at least five subjects at (SSCE) Senior Secondary School Certificate, (GCE) General Certificate of Education (GCE). These subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other of the following – Bookkeeping & Accounts, Commerce, or Government. Credit passes must be obtained at not more than two sittings.
Direct Entry Admission
Candidates seeking admission via direct entry must have five credit passes in the SSCE/GCE or any other equivalent examination. Two or at least three of the four credit passes must be at the advanced level as long as these subjects are not counted at both levels of the examination.
Credit passes at O’ Level must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Candidates with OND and at least upper credit in disciplines related to Accounting must have five credit passes in the subjects mentioned above.
- HND and at least lower credit in disciplines related to Accounting in addition to five credit passes mentioned above.
- NCE in disciplines related to Accounting in addition to five credit passes mentioned above.
- Candidate who have obtained the certificate of relevant Professional Bodies such as ICAN ATS, ACCA and who are members of International Federation of Accountants must have five credit passes. These subjects must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
- Transfer students from relevant courses in other universities with a GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale. Such students must have O’ Level credit passes in English and Mathematics.
- Transfer students from relevant courses must possess credit passes in Mathematics and English and must have completed at least one academic year in their previous course with acceptable grades.
Admission requirements for Insurance
Direct Entry Requirement
Students who wish to gain admission to study Insurance via direct entry must have acceptable passes in three (3) JUPEB/’A’ Level subjects from the following subjects: Financial Accounting, Geography, Government, Biology, Economics, Chemistry, Physics, and Business Management/Business Studies.
UTME Subject combination for Insurance
English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other subject from Financial Accounting, Geography, Government, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Commerce.
O Level Requirements for Insurance
O’ level requirements for candidates of Insurance is O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two from Financial Accounting and Data Processing,
Admission requirements for Actuarial Science
- Candidates who apply via UTME must possess at least five credit passes in WAEC/NECO/ NABTEB or any other equivalent examination in three of the following subjects: Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Business Methods, Statistics, Government, or Economics. English Language and Mathematics is compulsory. Results must be obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must have credit passes in English Language and Mathematics and two other subjects from the following: Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Business Methods, Statistics, Government or Economics.
Direct Entry requirements:
Candidates applying via direct entry must possess:
Credit passes in WAEC, NECO, NABTEC or its equivalent in the following subjects: Principles of Accounting, Commerce, Business Methods, Statistics, Government or Economics. English Language and Mathematics are compulsory. The result must be obtained at not more than two sittings. In addition to the following:
- Passes in at least two subjects, one of which must be Accounting, Business Management or Economics.
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance Studies or Business Administration with nothing less than lower credit
- National diploma fields related to Insurance or any other business course with nothing less than a lower credit.
- N.C.E in Accounting or Business studies from any recognized College of Education or Technical Institutions
- Candidates with professional certificates such as ICAN, ANAN, CIBN, ACCA, ACIS or from any other relevant professional bodies
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in any field of Business with nothing less than a lower credit from any recognized Polytechnic or Technical Institute
Admission requirements for Entrepreneurial studies
Candidates applying for entrepreneurial studies via UTME must have the following requirements:
Credit passes in SSCE/NECO/GCE or any of its equivalent in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and one other social science/commercial subject or one science subject
Direct entry requirements
Candidates who wish to study entrepreneurial studies via direct entry will resume to 200 level and must have met the following requirements:
Two ‘A’ level passes which must include Economics and at least one of the following: Accounting, Business Management, Government, Geography or Mathematics
Admission requirements for Industrial relations and Personnel Management
Candidates who wish to study Industrial relations and Personnel Management via UTME must have the following requirement:
Credit passes in five subjects to include: English language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two from Geography, Government, Commerce, Business methods and Accounting.
Direct entry requirements
Candidates applying via direct entry must possess any of the following qualifications:
Diploma in Management Studies with upper credits from any recognized university
ND with at least an upper credit in Human resource management or Industrial relations and Personnel Management from any recognized university.
All these is in addition to meeting the UTME requirements
Admission requirements for Public Administration
Candidates via UTME must have credit passes in SSCE/GCE/NECO or its equivalent in the following subjects: English language, Mathematics, Government/Civic Education, Economics and any other social science subject
- Diploma in Administrative Management with at least an upper credit
- ND with at least an upper credit in Public Administration or Local government studies
- Advanced diploma with at least an upper credit in Public Administration
All these in addition to meeting UTME requirements
Enjoy free CTR calculator, international parcel tracking service, Byte Transfer, bitcoin calculator, WHOIS lookup for domain names search. You can also download
Enjoy free Click Through Rate calculator, word counter, text case changer, file sharing service, world clock, bitcoin converter, time zone converter, notepad text editor and spinbot paraprashing tool.
Read latest news in Nigeria, daily news around the world, football news and other sports news. Get latest and updated jobs, recruitment and postcodes in Nigeria. You can play mobile friendly The Cube and Tetris games online free.
Read latest Nigeria news today, sports news, and Explore for everything Nigerian — from current affairs to history, culture and many more. You can also check job recruitments and postcodes in Nigeria.
Buy cheap and affordable Exam cards, WAEC cards, NECO cards, NABTEB cards, JAMB cards, NYSC cards, tokens and e-facilities. You can also download
Get the most complete, accurate, and up-to-date SWIFT codes for all the banks around the world. Find mobile phone specification of all the latest and older smartphones, phablets, tablets, smart watches and PDAs. You can also read the latest news, breaking stories and top headlines for local, Nigeria and world events.